Sunday, August 10, 2008

I've been dying to talk about this for years

My all-time favorite gum for cracking has my all-time favorite slogan: Freedent: Won't Stick To Most Dental Work. It's the most lawyer-ly slogan ever. It's so timid, so filled with the air of expected litigation, so hedging its bets that I just love it.

You know the lawyers said, you can't say it won't stick to all dental work, how about saying some and then Wrigley said, some? how is some going to help us? and then they agreed on most.

Too Seinfeldian? I know.

Of course, you can't love a gum just because of its slogan. That would be superficial. I also love Freedent because of its hard consistency. It makes you put a little effort into chewing. It's just you and the gum figuring things out together. Because you have to chomp on it, it has a powerful cracking action. It's simply the best gum to crack. I know! Everybody hates cracking! I'm getting to that.

No comments: