Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And now a few words about cracking

Everybody in the world hates cracking. It's annoying. I'm sorry. I can't help myself. I don't even realize I'm doing it. Here, I'm taking the gum out right now.

Cracking causes problems in my relationships. People can't stand it. They tell me it's revolting. That it turns their stomach. They request that I remove gum in their presence. It's that bad.

As hard as I try, I really can't chew gum without snapping it. It feels too good not to. The gum's already in the back of my mouth. How can my jaw and I ignore that fact? It's there to be cracked.

Recently, Roseland Ballroom held a competition for fastest texter and the winner got $50,000. I wish they'd hold a contest for gum cracking. I'm not saying I'd win, but I'd come in second or third for sure.

In conclusion, it feels good to crack gum, but it's annoying to the rest of the world. Sorry, rest of the world!

No comments: