I should have more compassion for Washington Mutual customer service people because they're probably going to lose their jobs. I should be nicer. It's not their fault the bank ran itself into the ground. But last night, I couldn't help it. I had to express outrage. Just like a good white person! (Isn't "Expressing Outrage" a category in that Stuff White People Like book?)
The guy told me that everything was going to be exactly the same during the "merger" process. I got upset. I said, "Merger? It's not exactly a merger when you have no money and the government has taken you over and you're being bought by another bank!"
Then a few seconds later I apologized for being rude. So I guess you could say I'm the nicest mean person he spoke to that day.
I immediately realized after my outburst that I needed to give him a break. He was just reading from the "Soothing The Nerves of Customers Affected By The Biggest Bank Failure in US History" script given to him before his shift. Sorry!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment